Please submit via your departmental category on Submittable if you are submitting an ethics application for:
- Fourth year research project
- Honours research project
- 60 credit Masters
- Masters research projects where you have answered 'no' to all ethics overview questions
Please ensure that your application form has been signed by both you and your supervisor before you upload it.
Any person planning to undertake research in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment (EBE) at the University of Cape Town is required to complete this form before collecting or analysing data. The objective of submitting this application prior to embarking on research is to ensure that the highest ethical standards in research, conducted under the auspices of the EBE Faculty, are met.
Please ensure that you have read, and understood the EBE Ethics in Research Handbook prior to completing this application form:
Click on the Submit button to begin editing your application.
- Please see the submission instructions at the end of this document.
- Please note that EBE EiR committee will not review or sign off on projects that are already in progress or have been completed
- NB: A copy of this completed and signed application form must be included with your thesis/dissertation/report when it is submitted for examination (Undergraduate and Postgraduate).